Seoul Rugby Sevens Festival 2019
The Seoul Sevens Rugby Festival 2019 kicked off today and features national teams and college teams from around Asia.
The rugby tournament is organised by the Seoul Rugby Association. The president of the Associaton said, “It is not merely a sporting event, but a gathering and a fun festival where you can enjoy various events, performances, delicious food and drinks, everything is prepared for you.”
Seoul Sevens 2019 Groups
Four Pools have been formed, two each of international teams from Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, China, Chinese Taipei (Taiwan) and Malaysia. In addition, there are two college pools of 7s rugby teams. Read more about the teams here.
National Team A
- Mgenplus Skulls (Korea)
- All Nagano Union (Japan)
- KAFAC Team (Korea)
- Taipei City Team (Taiwan)
National Team B
- Hong Kong Sevens (HK)
- Kepco Team (Korea)
- Shandong National (China)
- Malaysia Rimau 7s (Malaysia)
College Team C
- Korea University
- Kyung Hee University (Korea)
- Kyushu Kyoritsu University (Japan)
- Johor Rugby Union (Malaysia)
College Team D
- Yonsei University (Korea)
- Fukuoka University (Japan)
- Changjung Christian University (China)
- National Rugby Development (Malaysia)
There is prize money of around $8,500 U.S. dollars but it is not clear how this is divided for the winners of the Seoul Sevens.
There is a live stream of the rugby tournament on Youtube.
- Venue: Mokdong Stadium, Seoul, South Korea
- Date: 6-7 July 2019
Read about other rugby tournaments in Asia this July!