Malaysia Super Schools Rugby 15s 2020
The Malaysia Super Schools Rugby 15s 2020 has confirmed the first details for this year’s rugby competition. The draw, held this week, has revealed the school’s rugby tournament has grown from 8 to 12 rugby teams and is meant to include the best school rugby teams from all over the country
What is the Super School XVs?
According to a press release from the organisers, the rugby tournament is “aimed at supporting school rugby by organising a competitive tournament amongst the elite schools in Malaysia. It is designed to ensure rugby increases its status and to continuously grow at the school level.”
Format of the Super 15s 2020
- Games are played in respective school’s field, except the cup final which is played at a neutral ground.
- The Malaysia Airports Chairman’s Challenge Trophy is now the sole trophy for the competition.
Enervive Sports: Super Schools Rugby 15’S 2020
Enervive was announced as the new organiser of the expanded Malaysian rugby tournament on the Malaysia Super Schools Rugby Fifteens FB page.
“With years of experience in Malaysia’s sports scene, Enervive is spearheaded by some of the most influential and experienced figures who strive with passion to reinvent the sports industry in Malaysia and across the region. Through its subsidiary Enervive Sports, the company stands proud serving top associations, corporations and even athletes globally.”
Tournament Director, Shahrizin Shaharudin also added:
“Super Schools Rugby 15’s always looks to spread its wings to the whole country. Through the addition of four new teams, the number of states involved have increased to eight. We are very careful in selecting the teams involved and confident the schools selected will elevate the quality of the tournament.”
Malaysia Super Schools Rugby 15s 2020 Pools
This is the 7th edition of the rugby tournament. The number of teams has expanded to 12 and they will be split into four pools of three rugby teams. The rugby tournament will start in March 2020.
In 2019 the champions were SEMASHUR who beat MCKK (2018 champions) in the final 22-19 to claim the Malaysia Airports Chairman’s Challenge Trophy. You can read more of the results here.
- SAS (Sekolah Sultan Alam Shah)
- SEMASHUR (SM Sains Hulu Selangor)
- EC (English College)
Super Schools 15s Rugby 2020 Pool B
- KYS (Yayasan Saad College)
- SDAR (Sekolah Dato’ Abdul Razak)
- STJ (SM Sains Tuanku Jaafar)
Super Schools 15s Rugby 2020 Pool C
- KSAH (Sultan Abdul Hamid College)
- SMSS (SM Sains Selangor)
- MCKK (Malay College Kuala Kangsar)
Super Schools 15s Rugby 2020 Pool D
- STAR (Sekolah Tuanku Abdul Rahman)
- VI (Victoria Institution)
- RMC (Royal Military College)
- 2013: STAR
- 2014: MCKK
- 2016: STAR
- 2017: VI
- 2018: MCKK
- 2019: SEMASHUR
Read more Malaysian rugby news here
- The Kuala Lumpur Highland Games 2020 includes rugby this March.
- The KL Saracens 10s Junior Rugby Carnival is in March 2020.
- Malaysia set to build a new rugby stadium.
- The NRDP Rugby Carnival 2020 is in February.
- The top Asian national rugby tournaments in 2020