Karma Bali 10s rugby 2019 teams confirmed
The Karma Bali Tens 2019 rugby tournament has confirmed a number of rugby teams set to participate in October. We confirmed the dates for the Karma Bali Tens rugby back in March.
Who are the Bali Chillis Rugby Club
The Karma Bali 10s rugby tournament is organised by the Bali Chillis rugby Team. Their website says “The purpose of the Bali Rugby Club is to promote rugby throughout the Island by participation in friendly competition.”
They also say that rugby has been active on the popular island destination of Bali since 1995. The Bali 10’s Rugby Tournament, is a yearly event and the Chooks (the Bali Chillis rugby team at the time) won the tournament in 1997, 2001, 2003.
In 2006 the Bali Rugby Club was formed and in 2018 the club made the final of the Bali 10’s.
Over the years, this Indonesian based rugby club has attracted a number of high profile rugby players to join events. These include:
- Malakai Fekitoa (All Black)
- Sonny Bill Williams (All Blacks)
- Richie Mounga (All Blacks)
- Marlon Yarde (England)
Rugby teams confirmed
The Karma Bali 10’s 2019 organisers have claimed the tournament is now nearly full, but interested teams can claim the final spots by contacting email@example.com.
There is a Women’s 7’s, Open men’s 10’s, Vets 10’s division.
Open Men’s rugby teams
- Flying Kukris
- South Brisbane
- Curtin Uni
- Sabah Warriors
- UTP drillers
Women’s rugby teams
- Serdang Angels
- Eastern Suburbs
- Sabah Angels
- South darwin Bunnies
The rugby tournament runs at the same time as the Rugby World Cup in Japan but all rugby games will be screened at the grounds during the tournament.
- Date: 12th-13th October 2019
- Venue: Gelora Samudra Field, Kuta, Bali, Indonesia
- Format: Men’s 10s, women’s 7s and vets 10s rugby
Read more about Rugby in Asia
- Find out about the best national team Asian rugby 7s events here.
- HSBC Hong Kong Sevens in 2020 dates.
- Read about the challenges of growing the women’s rugby game in Asia.
- Read about the best tournaments in Asia this October.