SMR7s 2020 Rugby 7s Series
The St. Mary International School is hosting the Saint Mary Rugby 7s 2020 (SMR7s) series in September and October in Tokyo, Japan.
The sevens rugby tournament will be hosted across four weekends and from what we can gather is intended for high school rugby students.
St Mary International School – Tokyo, Japan
The international school is currently closed and their website says “Due to an increase in the number of diagnosed COVID-19 cases in Tokyo and surrounding areas and the increased level of uncertainty, St. Mary’s has taken an abundance of caution in now deciding to extend school campus closure through to June 5, 2020.”
The St. Mary’s high school rugby club uses the school ground to play and they say they are mainly active in a short season between September and October. The kids who play rugby are in high school in Japan.
SMR7s 2020 Rugby Series
The St Mary International School Rugby 7s will host four events:
- Saturday, 12 September 2020
- Saturday, 26 September 2020
- Saturday, October 10 2020
- Saturday, October 24 2020
The tournament is open to Japanese and international schools abroad according to a post by the Kanto International Development League which says it “will also be an opportunity to experience international exchanges for Japanese participating schools.”
Rugby in Asia
- Jordan and Qatar join World Rugby as Associate Members.
- Women and Girls Rugby Conference 2020 in HK.
- Swire Properties Touch Tournament 2020 – Hong Kong.
- Thailand Rugby Union cancels 2020 Club & Uni season.