SCC Rugby 7s 2019 pools drawn
The draw for the 72nd edition of the SCC Rugby 7s 2019 was completed this week, with the two-day tournament set to be played this weekend from 9-10 November.
The Singapore Cricket Club (SCC) international rugby festival saw former Australian Internationals Drew Mitchell and Lote Tuqiri help to draw the rugby teams at the Nicholson Family memorial tournament. The tournament was held in honour of the Nicholson family members killed in Sri Lanka earlier this year.
SCC Rugby 7s 2019 Pools
- Daveta (Fiji)
- East Arnhem (Australia)
- Singapore Select (Singapore)
- OGAS Bucks (Singapore)
- Ponsonby District Rugby Football Club (New Zealand)
- Sri Lanka Tuskers (Sri Lanka)
- BKK 12 (Thailand)
- Kurumi (Japan)
- Casuarina Cougars (Australia)
- Palymrya (Australia)
- Tamariva (Japan)
- Singapore Cricket Club (Singapore)
It appears as if the Stars 7s (United States), who were originally listed will not take part. The SCC 7s is regarded as one of the premier rugby events in Asia with teams being invited from around the world.
The tournament begins on 8th November 2019 with the Schools and Colleges invitational tournament. A Corporate Touch Competition and Academy Tournament are also due to be played.
2018 SCC 7s results
- Cup Men’s: Daveta (Fiji)
- Shield Men’s: Palmyra (Australia)
- Plate Men’s: Cottesloe (Australia)
- Bowl Men’s: Kurumi (Japan)
You can follow all the results and pool on Macoocoo.
- Date: 9-10 November 2019
- Venue: The Padang, Singapore
Find out about more Asian rugby tournaments:
- The SCC 7s is the same weekend as the Cobra 10s and Bangkok 7s this year.
- The RSBC 10s 2019 teams have also been released.
- Join the Jon Ellwood Touch Tournament in Vietnam this December.
- Read about the upcoming SEA Games this December which includes rugby sevens.