Asian Rugby Results: 5-6 October 2019
The Rugby World Cup 2019 rumbles on in Japan with the pool stages heating up, while the new HSBC World Rugby Sevens Women’s Series got underway in the US with the Japan 7s ladies the invitational team. Locally in Asia, the UAE rugby season kicked off. The youth rugby in Malaysia (HSBP Rugby 10s), development rugby in the Philippines with the Globe 7s Rugby National Development Series finale also were played. Here are all the best Asian rugby results from 5-6 October 2019.
Rugby World Cup 2019 results
The Rugby World Cup 2019 in Japan carries on in Japan and the host nation is making a strong claim to top their pool and possibly set up a quarter-final with South Africa. New Zealand, England, Wales and France remain the other unbeaten teams at the World Cup going into the last week of pool games.
Monday September 30
- Scotland 34-0 Samoa
Wednesday 2nd October
- France 33-9 USA
- New Zealand 63-0 Canada
Thursday 3rd October
- Georgia 10-45 Fiji
- Ireland 35-0 Russia
Friday 4th October
- South Africa 49-3 Italy
Saturday 5th October
- Australia 45-10 Uruguay
- England 39-10 Argentina
- Japan 38-19 Samoa
Sunday 6th October
- New Zealand 71-9 Nambia
- France 23-21 Tonga
RWC 2019 Fixtures
- Pool Games run until the 13th of October 2019
- Quarter-Finals take place over the weekend of 19-20 October 2019
- Semi-Finals are on the 26th of October 2019.
- Final on November 2nd 2019.
For more about the RWC 2019 see here.
HSBC World Rugby Sevens Women’s 2019-2020 Series
HSBC World Rugby Sevens Women’s 2019-2020 Series got underway in the USA over two days. The USA team finished second in last seasons Series and were triumphant at home, beating Australia in the final 26-7 in Colorado. The US ladies had also beaten NZ in the semi-finals.
- 9th place playoff: England 36-14 Japan
- 5th Place playoff: Spain 12-7 Canada
- Bronze Match: France 14-31 New Zealand
- Cup Final: Australia 7-26 USA
The Japanese ladies 7s team were the invitational team and finished 10th. They beat Fiji 21-19 in the 9th place semi-final but had lost to Russia, England and NZ over the weekend.
For all the fixtures and results, see the World Rugby Series website.
UAE Rugby 2019-2020 Season
West Asia – UAE Premiership Rugby
- Hurricanes 58-10 Knights Eagles
- Tigers 5-39 Bahrain
- Dragons 16-56 Harlequins
UAE Division 1
- Sharks 0-72 Hurricanes
- Amblers 61-10 Knights Eagles 2
- Tigers 2 12-40 Saracens
- Dragons 2 45-0 Harlequins 2
- Wanderers 17-26 Exiles 2
Globe 7s Rugby National Development Series
The final of the Globe 7s Rugby National Development Series 2019 in the Philippines was contested on Saturday.
The champions of the 3rd Festival and overall 2019 Series champions of the Globe sevens series national development division are the Clark Jets.
HSBP Rugby 10s Tournament 2019
24 rugby teams competed in the youth rugby tournament, the HSBP Rugby Tens over two days, vying to be crowned the Abdul Wahib Musa Cup champions. EC Steenboks claimed the ultimate prize, winning the Cup Final 24-7 versus STI Knights.
- Final Spoon: SMK Tunku Putra 10-5 SMK Seri Medan
- Final Shield: SBPI Jempol 12-0 SMK Pasir Gudang 3
- Final Bowl: SSTMI Rugby Development Programme 7-5 Melaka Jr
- Final Plate: Sek Dato’ Abdul Razak 33-0 SMA Arabiah Kluang
- Final Cup: EC Steenboks 24-7 STI Knights
For all the match results and standings from the tournament, see Rutoor.
The Clifford Chance Touch Tournament in Singapore was played on the weekend. We could not confirm the winners, but the FB page said it was a huge success with over 74 teams and more than 1,000 players from schools, colleges, polytechnics, clubs and social teams involved.
Keep tabs on all the best rugby tournaments in Asia with our Tournament Calendar.
Read more about rugby in Asia:
- Read about the best tournaments in Asia this October.
- Visiting Japan for the RWC 2019 but want to know what rugby tournaments are being played in Asia during the Rugby World Cup?
- Discover how the RWC 2019 main charitable partner, ChildFund Pass It Back came about, how it is expanding and what the future holds.
- What are some of the best and worst rugby films and documentaries?