Asia Rugby Committees Structure 2020
Asia Rugby this week announced their new Committees Structure for 2020, with the positions being held by members of Asia Rugby affiliated Unions and Federations from January – December 2020.
On a Facebook post, Asia Rugby said the committees were selected with the “Chairperson to select the balance of the committee members to help develop, govern and grow all aspects of Rugby across Asia.”
Asia Rugby Committees 2020
Although there was no additional information provided on the members selected to be on the committees or the actual roles, Asia Rugby does need to improve the structure to help develop the game across the region.
There are 9 committees in total, with each currently having three appointed members, a Chairperson and 2 Deputies. Each committee will in due course select additional committee members.
Asia Rugby has also been searching for a CEO, so it will be interesting to see how that role, once filled, will fit into this structure?
Administration and Finance
- Chairperson: Mr Qais Al Dhalal – United Arab Emirates
- 1st Deputy: Mr Terence Khoo – Singapore
- 2nd Deputy: Mr Mike Haynes – Hong Kong
- Chairperson: Mr Vela Tan – Malaysia
- 1st Deputy: Mr Tanka Lal Ghising – Qatar
- 2nd Deputy: Mr Mohamad Jarkou – Syria
- Chairperson: Mr Asanga Seneviratne – Sri Lanka
- 1st Deputy: Mr Radityo Gambiro – Indonesia
- 2nd Deputy: Mr Mahesh Mathal – India
- Chairperson: Mr Mohamad Shaker – United Arab Emirates
- 1st Deputy: Mr Sung Hoon Park – South Korea
- 2nd Deputy: Mr Nizam Jamaldeen – Sri Lanka
Player Welfare and Medical
- Chairperson: Mr Herman Huang – Chinese Taipei
- 1st Deputy: Dr Mutsuo Yamada – Japan
- 2nd Deputy: Dr Kelvin Chew – Singapore
Ethics and Governance
- Chairperson: Mr Kakhramon Djalilov – Uzbekistan
- 1st Deputy: Mr Ghassan Hajjar – Lebanon
- 2nd Deputy: Mr Yudha Ramon – Indonesia
- Chairperson: Mr Edwin Kung – Singapore
- 1st Deputy: Mr Ramesh Lachmanan – Malaysia
- 2nd Deputy: Mr John Stamper – United Arab Emirates
- Chairperson: Ms Ada Milby – Philippines
- 1st Deputy: Ms Karina Soerjanatamihardja – Indonesia
- 2nd Deputy: Ms Nahid Biyarjomandi – Iran
Audit and Risk
- Chairperson: Mr Fawzi Khawaja – Pakistan
- 1st Deputy: Mr Sunny Seah – Singapore
- 2nd Deputy: Ms Wang Xizi – China
Read more on rugby in Asia 2020
- Global Rapid Rugby 2020 will include two Asian based teams.
- Read about all of the Asian national team and age-grade tournaments in our guide to international Asian rugby tournaments 2020.
- 2020 Cathay Pacific/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens and the Singapore Sevens 2020.
- Sunwolves and the 2020 Super Rugby season.
- The Japan Top League Rugby season 2020 kicks off in January.