Monaco Rugby Sevens Repechage Schedule – Tokyo Olympics
World Rugby has released the Monaco Rugby Sevens Repechage schedule which will determine the final team places for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. The Governing body also confirmed that fans will be able to attend the event from 19-20 June.
World Rugby Chief Executive Alan Gilpin said: “The Monaco repechage is also symbolic in its own way – a reflection and celebration of sevens international re-emergence from the unprecedented challenges that society and sportspeople have faced. I know that these players are excited to be representing their nations with the opportunity of qualification for the pinnacle of sevens – the Olympic Games.”
Monaco Rugby Sevens Repechage Schedule
The match schedule has been developed with player welfare at heart said World Rugby “No team will have more than three games in each day, resulting in the two games being organised on Friday evening, accommodating the reduction to 10 teams in the men’s competition.
Due to late kick-off times, the two Friday games will be played behind closed doors. You can read more about the pools for the Monaco Rugby Sevens Repechage.
Full Women’s Schedule can be seen here.
Kazakhstan Women Schedule (Pool B):
- 19 June 2021: Kazakhstan vs Jamaica
- 19 June 2021: Kazakhstan vs Tunisia
- 20 June 2021: Papua New Guinea vs Kazakhstan
Hong Kong Women Schedule (Pool C):
- 19 June 2021: Hong Kong vs Colombia
- 19 June 2021: Hong Kong vs Madagascar
- 20 June 2021: France vs Hong Kong
Full Men’s Schedule can be seen here.
Hong Kong Women Schedule (Pool B):
- 19 June 2021: Hong Kong vs Uganda
- 19 June 2021: Hong Kong vs Jamaica
- 19 June 2021: Hong Kong vs Chile
- 20 June 2021: France vs Hong Kong
Monaco Rugby Sevens Repechage – Fans Allowed
The Stade Louis II stadium in Monaco will be allowed to host up to 5,000 rugby fans at the Sevens rugby event, and tickets are as little as 10 euros per day.
The World Rugby CEO added “It will be extra special that they get to showcase their skills in front of fans. I would like to thank their Serene Highnesses and the Monegasque Rugby Union for embracing our event and providing the players with the perfect platform to challenge for Tokyo 2020 qualification.”
Monaco Rugby Sevens Repechage Tickets
Online ticketing for the World Rugby Sevens Repechage will open on Friday 28 May and can be purchased at monaco-rugby.com
From 8 June 2021, Rugby fans will also be able to buy tickets directly in Monaco at the ticket offices located at the Stade Louis II’s entrance.
- Tickets will start at 10€ per fan per day.
- The discounted ticket price of 5€ is available for Monaco students and FFR licence holders.
Fan travelling to Monaco to watch the action will need to:
- Present a negative PCR test, less than 72 hours old, upon their entrance in the Monaco Principality (except for French residents living in the 06 and 83 departments).
- Fans will be required to wear face masks and respect social distancing.
More information on the measures can be found here.
How to Watch the Monaco Rugby Sevens Repechage?
The Sevens rugby in Monaco will be streamed live on world.rugby and also on the World Rugby Youtube and Facebook pages.
- Date: 19-20 June 2021
- Venue: Stade Louis II, Monaco
Tokyo Olympics Rugby Sevens
No overseas fans will be allowed to attend Olympic events due to the COVID-19 pandemic, however, there remain some concerns about whether the Olympic Games could still be cancelled. The organisers recently held a rugby 7s test event to prepare for the Games
World Rugby Tournaments
- Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games Wheelchair Rugby Pools.
- Rugby World Cup 2021 Match Schedule Released.
- World Rugby Sevens Tokyo Repechage Pools.
- Rugby World Cup 2023 Tickets.